TL Acura's mid level luxury sedan puts the emphasis on creature comforts, without compromising class leading performance...

Reset 2014 Acura TL Computer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2024, 11:54 AM
Default Reset 2014 Acura TL Computer?

Hello All,

My computer has not been working on my 2014 Acura TL. The external temp is usually about 10 degrees above the actual temperature and the compass is not working either. I have tried to recalibrate the compass by going into setup mode and driving in 3 circles which worked for a few days but then it stopped working. I was heading North today and the compass told me I was heading West as an example.

Anyone have a good video on how to do a reset? I have seen a generic video which says to disconnect the battery and place a wire between the two terminals (of the car, not the battery) to get all of the electricity to dissipate and then turn the lights on. I have seen warnings which say you must have the password for the radio. I am the original owner and I am not sure if I have the password.

Thanks, Bill

Old 02-02-2024, 09:02 AM
Newest Of Newbies

You can retrieve the radio code at Radio code or by following the steps at Find radio code. Since you say you are the original owner, you should also have received a white credit card sized card (labeled "Anti-theft ID card") with the radio code and the navigation code (if equipped with the navi option). The card is often said to be in the glove box or owners manual. Having a 2013, I don't remember where mine was stored at time of delivery. My code is a 5-digit number. If the display is blank search for the radio fuses, I believe there may be two. In that regard, see Fuse location

By the way, I personally would not use any wire to short out the battery terminals. Do the wrong thing and you could fry a lot of components. If you want to do a reset, disconnect the negative terminal, to play safe wrap it in a rag. Then disconnect the positive terminal, again to play safe wrap it in a rag. Let things sit for about 5 minutes; as a form of maintenance clean the terminals while you wait, then reconnect the positive, then the negative.

Last edited by John from PA; 02-02-2024 at 09:13 AM.
Old 02-03-2024, 10:23 AM

Thanks John @John from PA . Appreciate the advice. I probably have the card you mention as I think I have seen it. Will following your advice about wrapping the terminals in a rag reset the computer?

Old 02-03-2024, 02:03 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by bpatters55
Thanks John @John from PA . Appreciate the advice. I probably have the card you mention as I think I have seen it. Will following your advice about wrapping the terminals in a rag reset the computer?
Disconnecting the terminals will likely reset some of the computers (there are many) but the reason I suggest you wrap the cable terminals in a rag is to prevent a short of some sort that would damage a computer. As I said earlier disconnect the negative terminal first and wrap the cable clamp. Then wait a few minutes and reattach. I personally prefer to disconnect both terminals, but I do that to clean the terminals and prevent corrosion.