TL Acura's mid level luxury sedan puts the emphasis on creature comforts, without compromising class leading performance...

Battery Drain '05

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2022, 04:50 PM
Default Battery Drain '05

A big HOWDY from TX to the forum. This is my first post.

I am experiencing a battery drain in my '05 TL, which thus far has eluded 2 different mechanics that have had the vehicle 3x each. If I leave the vehicle sitting for ~ 2 days or more, the battery will be completely dead. As long as I drive it every day or two it is fine.

My last mechanic said that the battery drain might be caused by the interior lights or the radio. Neither the lights or radio remain on after I shut the car off and remove the key. He said he does not have the proper computer diagnostics software to diagnose the problem.

The alternator is new as is the battery (about 6 mo. old).

I have tried a "Battery Cable Reset."

Any advice on tracking down this leak would be appreciated and if not, a good Acura referral in Dallas, TX would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 10-03-2023, 07:45 AM
Default Bluetooth

Hey I had a very similar problem with mine. Come to find out that my bluetooth would stay on when the car was off and drain the battery in a couple of days. It took like two mechanics to figure it out for me. I never used it myself so I just disconnected it and I haven't had any problems since. I hope this helps.

Old 10-03-2023, 10:07 AM

Imaupin2: Thanks for the reply. I should have updated this thread. My issue was the same as you and I too simply disconnected the bluetooth module. Not sure if a new one will allow me to connect my smart phone to the stereo system so I can stream Spotify, but if so, I should probably order a new bluetooth unit.