TL Acura's mid level luxury sedan puts the emphasis on creature comforts, without compromising class leading performance...

Radio code doesnt work

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 11:29 PM

I own a 2000 TL which i bought as Used in 2004. Recently i had to replace the battery. The Radio code that came with my packet doesnt work. I get the Message "err 1" when i type in the code. Is there a way i can reset the msg and get the radio working.Also, How do i confirm that i have been provided the right Serial # and the right code.

If ppl has doubts abt my ownership, i can of course prove my ownership. i have the sales receipt, title, vin# and the Serial # of the radio. I also have the code, but unfortunately the code doesnt work with the serial #.

My dealer is asking me to pay $155 to get the Serial# from the Unit. Please help.

Old 05-26-2006, 12:19 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

I'm having a similar problem as well, I have my radio code but when I entered it, it doesn't allow me to. Is there a "special" way you are supposed to enter it?</BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 06-12-2006, 06:58 PM

I'm a newbe so don't shoot me too bad if I’m wrong. We had a problem with my sons 97CL when the battery went dead. It gave us an error code 3 that was related to a CD problem. I turned the radio off and disconnected the battery (actually I replaced the battery) and when I started the car up the radio came on and read CODE, I entered the code and it worked fine. I don't think you enter the code when there is an error message. Try disconnecting the battery again and see what happens.&lt; =&gt; <!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//--></>
< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->
</>Edited by: Brew

Old 07-19-2006, 01:40 AM

Apparently Acura likes to keep us owners guessing... The radio code for my 2002 TL-S was located on the left, outer side of the glove box (closest to the radio or middle console). Small white piece of paper with 5 digits (no zeros obviously). The radio serial number was there too. The codes you were given may not go with the car. I suggest trying to find the code. Another forum I read said their code for a 2000 TL was located in the trunk. Another said it was under the wood trim on your center console (remove by gently pulling up from the back closest to the rear of the car with the console lid open). You just type in 5 digit number(radio has message CODE when turned on). You get 10 tries...

Old 07-19-2006, 07:28 AM

Funny all the areas that everyone mentioned to look for the code, wasn not found on my 02. I actually had to get the radio pulled and then call several places until we retrieved a code (totally different) from the code given to me at the time of purchase. Go figure.[img]smileys/smiley22.gif[/img]

Old 05-23-2018, 09:17 AM
Newest Of Newbies

After disconnecting my battery I also had the radio lock up. Best solution to get a radio code I could find online was this service I used:

https://radiocodevault.com/acura

Old 05-23-2018, 09:41 AM
Newest Of Newbies