TL Acura's mid level luxury sedan puts the emphasis on creature comforts, without compromising class leading performance...

Trying to figure out which TL to get

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 07:14 PM

Hi everyone! I'm new to the Acura forum but I have a quick question. I recently was in an accident and my '07 RDX was totaled. Well, it's time for a new car and I want the new '09 TL. I didn't have a tech package in the RDX so I did buy a portable nav system.

Does anyone think the tech package is really worth it in the new TL? I know it has some great features, but is it really worth it???

Also, I will be leasing this car,long story, and so far I have a quote on a Basic TL (no tech package) but was wondering if anyone thinks I could get the dealers to give me the same price as the one with the tech package? I know it's a long shot, but I have done my research so I know all the figures and since they own it for what they would sell the basic for, then they should be willing to give me the same price. Right??? Again, keep in mind I will be leasing.

Any suggestions? I appreciate all the help. I loved my Acura but have never ever leased a car before. Thanks!

Old 02-11-2009, 01:48 AM

Can't say I can offer much advice on your situation, but I did try out an '09 MDX with tech package at the dealership yesterday (ended up buying an '05, but tried the new ones out just for fun), and I think if the dealer will give you the tech package for a fair price on a TL, go for it - great package and worth paying extra for. But of course if you can get it for the same price as the basic TL, then you've hit the jackpot.

For my two cents (and please take it at that value), I'd say they should be willing to lease the TL with tech package for the same price as the basic TL for you. Dude, especially since you (much like me) are living in a recession right now, the dealers are gonna be willing to make sacrifices like never before. Heck, the Honda financing for 5-year plans went down from 8.3% to 5.1% in this past year, and I got $3,000 knocked off my saleprice without even saying more than a couple of words.

I don't know exactly what the dealer will be wiling to negotiate with you, but I would say - for my two cents - to expect the dealer to lease you a TL tech for the same as a basic TL is a fair expectation. Plus, just mention you've been a faithful and enthusiastic Acura owner for some time now, and want to continue dealing with them. It's a buyer's market right now, so strike while the iron's hot. [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img] If that makes sense
Edited by: jwhalen1

Old 02-15-2009, 12:19 AM

Yes!
In my opinion the tech package makes the new tl what it is.

With the tech package you get soooo much more...
You get the keyless operation, much like the previous model RL had.
You get a remote that works as your key, you keep it in your pocket and it works by vicinity of the vehicle.
You get the push button start.
The 09 TL Nav has the most advanced Nav system... It can show on your map real time weather and traffic, is very high resolution.

Test drive a nav for an extended period... and I promise... you will be sold on the tech package.

I also suggest the SH-AWD version

Like J said... times are tough...

Acura's (like all other car dealerships) sales are low. They should be very willing to deal. I would make sure you let them know... you are a serious customer and you are going to buy a car... whether or not it is from them is the issue.
Then i wouldnt be afraid to walk away when they wont bargin with you. They are going to want to hang on to that potential sale. Go to another dealership and get them competing for you...

Edited by: Greenbling