TL Acura's mid level luxury sedan puts the emphasis on creature comforts, without compromising class leading performance...

05TL: CD Player Troubleshooting

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 09:49 PM

Hey, I've had my 05TL w/Nav for about a year and a half now. Haven't had any issues up until this point. A few days ago, I switched from XM to CD (had worked the day before) and after spinning the disc for a bit, it spit the disc out. It did the same for all of the other cds in the 6-disc changer. The behavior is the same for burned CDs or real CDs. AM/FM, XM, Tape all work fine. Occasionally when I hit "Load" to attempt to load a new CD, the light above the CD slot flashes red and it won't let me load a CD. Other times, it will let me put a CD in, but after about 2 minutes it spits it back out and the audio system shuts off.

Has anyone dealt with this isssue before? Is there some way to simply reset my radio that might fix the problem?

I can always have the dealer look at it when I bring it in for an oil change, but I don't anticipate fixing it if it's going to cost hundreds of dollars (or more if they have to replace the whole nav screen, etc).

Thanks for any help anyone can give!