RL Acura's 300HP All Wheel Drive luxury sedan...

Cool "finds" and features of the RL

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 01:56 AM
Default Cool "finds" and features of the RL

I was hoping that folks here would post any unusual or interesting "finds" they have noticed on their RL. I have a few that I have found or borrowed from other members of this forum (and another forum that I go to). Some are in the manual as features, but I think are easy to miss. Anyway, here are a bunch of finds you may or may not have seen, please add yours.

1. Hot looking spare - if you lift out the nicely designed jack holder and look at the compact spare you will notice that it is ALLOY rather than the usual steel. Perhaps weight saving? Then unscrew the binding plate and lift out to reveal ... a bright yellow paint job on front side. Good motivator for people to get the original put back on asap.

2. The parking brake on the floor. I have managed to bump it exiting a few times. Still better than the console mounted ones of other cars which just mess with the clean appearance.

3. The rear sunshade automatically retracts when you put the car into reverse.

4. There are two buttons inside the glove box. One is to disable the trunk lock (valet lock-out feature). The other is to open a hidden compartment to store the owner's manual. A hidden compartment, hmmmmm.

5. Auto roll down windows in the rear

6. Rear door windows submerge completely into the rear doors.

7. Also, the doors open wider than previous Legends. The rear doors open almost 90 degrees.

8. You probably know that if you push your fob open 2x and hold it ... all windows and sunroof open. This is great but how do you close them? Well, you insert the key in the door and and turn left (lock) 2x and hold and they all shut back up.

9. Either the right or the left outside mirror can tilt downward when in reverse by selecting the L or R on the control

10. There is a blue strip light found inside each inside door opener. So you can find the door handle in the dark.

11. The windshield spray jets are mounted on that strip of black plastic that overlays the wipers.

12. If you unlock the RL with your fob the door handle lights BRIGHTLY for you.

13. If you push the number button of the CD you are playing, the CD is "paused" until you push the button again.

14. The start is autoregulating, that is to say once you turn the start **** the RL decides how long to crank to start the car. So there is no need to crank for a couple seconds - once you turn to start and release, the car cranks itself the correct amount.

Old 09-06-2009, 03:35 AM

Its nice way of describing or dealing with each and everything. But it could have been more attractive if pics were there.

Old 09-07-2009, 02:57 AM

Hi it was nice. its too long too. Thanku for the information.