Integra The car that brought the Acura name to the foreground of the sport tuner market...

Motor Swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 06:00 PM

<DIV id=post_message_3002843>I have a 95 integ ls with the b20b, and it has some problems, and its just too slow even with all the bolt ons. I wanted to do a motor swap, and was wondering what is involved in putting in a new motor that does not come in the car from the factory. I was thinking either the b18c or the b20. I want vtech and to have over 200hp after i add intake, header and exhaust. I see that the b20 only has 146 hp? do i get a different head? Also is there anything special about the wiring, ecu, motor mounts, tranny, axles, exhaust...anything that will take time. Wheres the best and cheapest place to get one of these jdm motors?
Also how does that work finding performance parts that fit that motor and that chasis? What all do I need with a 'longlock" motor?

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&amp;item=30022

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&amp;item=30024

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&amp;item=30025

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&amp;item=30026

What would be involved in these swaps...i heard of people changing the b20 haed...why? Personal opinions?</DIV>

Old 07-22-2006, 10:28 PM

&lt; =&gt; <!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//--></>allright, first off, motor swaps can be costly and time consuming but can also be more than worth it. i know that i am enjoying my B18C swap that i had done. depending on the motor that you get you could go through more than a few headaches. for instance, the wiring harness. if you get a jdm spec motor the wiring harness will need to be customized since your car is a left hand drive and the jdm motors come out of a right hand drive car. another thing that you have to worry about is just the general condition of some motors and trannys that you get in swaps. perfect example: my friend swapped a jdm gsr motor, tranny, and ecu into his 95 GSR which he got from hmotorsonline and within the first 60 days of driving the car, the motor died for no reason and wouldnt start back up, AT ALL!! so now his car is dead. another example is my motor swap. i went through a performance shop to get everything done and the motor ending up having some serious issues. the transmission was sloppy, the syncros were all jacked up, among other things.
trust me when i say that you should go ahead and get the swap if you want that kind of power with simple bolt ons and have the fiscal means to do so, just take heed my advice and prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

o ya, the best motor that you can get and have the horsepower ratings that you mentioned, go for the B18C5 from the type r integra. it starts at 195 (USDM) and 197 (JDM). just make sure that you can afford it first. average price is around 4500 but could be closer to 5000. and thats just for the swap.

Final Note: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM HMOTORSONLINE.COM
instead try INLINEFOUR.COM
< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->
</>Edited by: aremkaesteg

Old 07-24-2006, 05:47 PM

the b20b only has 130 horse, the b20z has 146.

People switch the heads over to a v-tec head, commonly called crv-tec. This is supposed to give you 15-20 horse and the awsome v-tec sound. however i have heard that this is expensive to do right. cuz with the v-tec ECU it will rev to ~8500 rpm and the b20 stock bottom end is not made for that kind on rpm.