Integra The car that brought the Acura name to the foreground of the sport tuner market...

engine advise

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 01:39 AM

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->
</>
Hey guys im a newbie in this forum but not to cars. if had about three project cars before never like this one though. Im working on a car thats not an Integra but will have a Integra's heart in about two or three weeks. I have a 94 Honda del Sol with the D16 engine sohc with vtech but is so danm slow. It's undergoing all body change but just tired of idiots racing me and killing me i live in texas so everyone has pick ups and see the little car with body kit and so on gettin ready for paint and the try to race me. I wld get killed if i tried to take them. So i been tlking to some homies in my old c.c and have decide to get a b18 engine from a GSR and will rebuilt. I want it to atleast do 220 whp. i know its possible just wondering wat do you guys think i shld do to the engine i know theres got to be a smart Integra guy around here. got alot of advice from other honda owners but best to tlk to some of you guys. Sorry for alot of writtin [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img] and thanks for any comment

Old 07-22-2006, 10:00 PM

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
SymRealOnLoad();
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

//-->
</>
Allright, one of the best things to do with the GSR motor, is to build it up 100% naturally aspirated. this is mostly due to the higher compression of the vtec motors; that being about 10:6 compression. due to that factor, and contrary to most peoples outlook, running a turbo is pretty stupid. you must forfeit your vtec for a turbo and usually some compression by altering the pistons. so here is my n/a motor building advice to you,start by replacing the pistons with either some from a civic type r (jdm) or some aftermarket pistons JE makes some great products. then you should probably get the block resleeved, i would recommend dart sleeves. then get a moroso 5 quart oil pan, civic type r crankshaft. then start to replace the stock cylinder head components; like the valve springs and retainers . also change the camshafts out with those a type r integra (usdm or jdm) and some aftermarket cam gears (venom gears are awesome) and finish up the cylinder head work with a port and polish. then its time to move on to the fuel and air delivery. first change the intake manifold to that of a jg edelbrock and the throttle body to 72mm and intake of your choice (short ram is my fav). then replace the fuel injectors and fuel rail with those of a type r integra and go aftermarket for the fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, and fuel pump. and then change the plugs, wires, distributor, etc with MSD parts to ensure proper burning and spark. you may want to keep the ECM from your current motor (as long as its the P28). and for the transmission i would recommend shift linkage from hasport, a spec racing clutch, fidanza flywheel, and an lsd from a type r or from quaife &lt;(lifetime warranty even when raced).

and there you have it my own personal motor build which if done right should put you at your horsepower goal and more importantly, help you to stomp a mudhole in the @$$ of any and all who try to pick on the little import.

Old 07-27-2006, 11:29 PM

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
SymRealOnLoad();
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

//-->
</>
Thanks bro so basically build the engine and no turbo. How much do you think i would put in it about 5 or 6 g's or wat. thats wat im looking to spend on the performance in the sol. Thanks you again i will let you know how it comes out when it does.