TSX Acura's compact sedan offering performance comparable to any car in the class combined with the luxurious interior...

make me faster

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 03:58 PM

I have an 06 acura tsx. I would like to get faster. does anyone have and tip or idea on what parts to put in my car.

Old 06-28-2008, 04:51 PM

Well, you could research the different things you'd like to try. Just don't shoot from the hip. Every aftermarket performance website will give you some estimated power additions, but it can vary from place to place, given factors such as how high above sea level, part spec, and whether you have forced induction.. I notice you looked at K&N and Injen.... Might I suggest AEM or GReddy as well. Above all, I think it comes down to preference.

On another note, you're looking at how well the car breathes. How about how well it poops? By that I mean exhaust; air has to flow in and out well.

If you're thinking about racing, get forced induction ... turbo. Do a lot of research, find out what each part does, and see how well it fits to your goals.

And get a tune so your car doesn't blow up.
Edited by: Linfone

Old 06-29-2008, 12:55 PM

Here's the scoop on your engine, the K24A2. It is basicly an accord bottom end paired with a head from a RSX type-s. The concept is similar to a ls/v-tec swap on the b series engines from integras, crv's and civic si's except both top and bottoms of your engine allready have v-tec. everywhere in the world except north america the TSX is known as the Honda Accord Type-R. Honda/Acura usually leaves alot of room for tuning on it's engines but not Type-R motors. These motors are hand ported, polished, balanced and assembled by the best engine builders Honda/Acura has to offer.
The point I'm trying to make is your engine is tuned up from the factory. Choose your upgrades carefully. Everything you do to one part of your engine affects something else. Intakes don't do much until you address the exaust side with headers and exaust/muffler. match these carefully so you don't lose compression. Lost compression= lost horsepower. 5zigen makes a really sweet performance exaust system for the TSX designed to not sound noisy unless you are really stomping on the throttle. I like short ram intakes better than cold air ones so I don't have to worry about sucking up water when it's raining or snowing. I know they make moisture diverting devices for the cold air ones but it still makes me nervous.
The big question is how much power do you need? Don't start slaping on parts and see where it gets ya. Sit down and decide a HP or 1/4 mile number you want to hit. Don't focus on parts, focus on a goal/number. Once you have decided on a number, the parts needed to achieve the goal will be easier to research. Let us know what you goal is.