TL Acura's mid level luxury sedan puts the emphasis on creature comforts, without compromising class leading performance...

TL History at the Torrance Building

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 08:25 AM
Default TL History at the Torrance Building

Late last year I bought a 2007 TLS with less than 150 miles on it. The dealer said Acura had owned the car from day 1 up until last year, when the dealer bought it from Acura.

With such low mileage, it couldn't have been a fleet car. The dealer said sometimes cars like this sit in the lobby of the torrance building, or get carted around to auto shows, or something of that nature.

I called Acura corporate, gave them my VIN number, and told them Acura owned the car for the last 3 years, and just issued a new car warranty on it for me at the time of purchase. The lady put me on hold to investigate, came back about 10-15 minutes later, and said the car had a history with Acura HQ, but she couldn't tell me anything about it due to privacy laws, so:

1) If they owned the car, how would the privacy laws apply? Their car, their choice.

2) Is there any other way to find out my vehicles history with Acura, besides going through the front-door phone lines?

Thanks.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:17 AM
Administrator :
Thumbs up Hi Member

Unless it really means something to you..drop it..If it's that important..Get A Lawyer to investigate it...

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Images  
Old 07-08-2010, 01:35 PM

what are you worried about with 150 miles? mine has 116k miles want to trade?

Old 07-09-2010, 07:29 AM

I'm not worried at all, the car is great. I am simply curious about my car's history, as it seems to be a bit more colorful than most production cars.