TL Acura's mid level luxury sedan puts the emphasis on creature comforts, without compromising class leading performance...

No Heat (2001 3.2TL w/ Nav)

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 12:17 PM

I cannot get the heat to work. The blower works fine, AC works great, but heat will not turn on no matter how high I set the temperature.When I turn on the windshielddefogger, only the AC turns on. I have checked all the fuses and relay. I bought the car not long ago and only found the problem recently as it is getting colder. Is there a way to manually turn on the heat withoutturning on the"AUTO" setting? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Old 09-24-2007, 08:40 AM

first check that coolent level.

if your low heater cores starve first

hope thats it because im no help other wise

Old 10-12-2007, 10:51 AM

I have the same type of problem with my 2000 3.2 TL. The AC is perfect, but for some reason it's difficult to turn on the heater. In order to turn on the heater, I press "AUTO" and the A/C compressor is automatically on. When I turn up the temp, the compressor still stays on, unless I manually turn it off. Is this normal??

Old 10-13-2007, 04:41 PM

I finally fixed it. It turns out this is a common problem for this model. In the middle of the engine compartment, right in front of the firewall there is a hose that brings the hot water to the heater core. There is a valve on this hose which is operated by a pull cable that attaches to an electric servo motor behind the firewall. The servo pulls the valve open when you turn on the heat.
The problem for me was that this valve got stuck after some time once it gets enough dirt on the outside, and corrosion. Put some WD-40 on it, and work it a little till the servo motor can freely pull it open by itself. Hope this helps others.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:48 AM

I have an 01 TL and my heatand ACare no longer blowing. If I put my hand on the vent I can feel the Heat but when I turn the blower on full blast, barely anything comes out. Can anyone help me understand whats going on?
< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>

< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-41";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 03-03-2011, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by frotojk
I finally fixed it. It turns out this is a common problem for this model. In the middle of the engine compartment, right in front of the firewall there is a hose that brings the hot water to the heater core. There is a valve on this hose which is operated by a pull cable that attaches to an electric servo motor behind the firewall. The AC servo pulls the valve open when you turn on the heat.
The problem for me was that this valve got stuck after some time once it gets enough dirt on the outside, and corrosion. Put some WD-40 on it, and work it a little till the servo motor can freely pull it open by itself. Hope this helps others.
It's good that you detected the cause of the problem. I am currently facing the same situation. So all I'll need is a WD-40 then put some on the AC servo. Thanks man.

Last edited by ndrewoods; 03-05-2011 at 12:15 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:04 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Give her love,give her VitaBella
My Friend married last month,she bought a wedding dress what she is loving very much.
This site may help you: http://www.weddingdress.com.ph/
Youes sincerely.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:43 PM
Default heater

thank you for the info

Old 10-27-2021, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by frotojk
I finally fixed it. It turns out this is a common problem for this model. In the middle of the engine compartment, right in front of the firewall there is a hose that brings the hot water to the heater core. There is a valve on this hose which is operated by a pull cable that attaches to an electric servo motor behind the firewall. The servo pulls the valve open when you turn on the heat.

Dude, some 14 years later, I had to sign up just to thank you! Thank you sooo much. It worked perfectly for my 2003 TL Type S! I couldn't find the answer anywhere else!