TL Acura's mid level luxury sedan puts the emphasis on creature comforts, without compromising class leading performance...
View Poll Results: is it fixable?
FIXABLE
0%
you lose your night driving privilages
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 04:51 PM
Default Electrical problems

I recently bought a 96' 2.5TL.(the 5 cylinder one, not the v6) It was a bargain concidering the condition it was in. Anyhow, i noticed that the lowbeams and the fog lights dont work but the high beams work. The controls for the lowbeams are to the left of the steering wheel in the same cluster of controls as the Sidemirror, sunroof, cand curise control. Now the side mirror and un roof controls work but the button for the lowbeams does not light up when pressed. Niether does the cruise control. Now i didnt get this car with a owners/repair manual. So i may be overlooking something terribly somple but i fear that not the case. If anyone has any ideas as to what may be wrong please let me know.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:11 AM

I have a 96 3.2TL. I can't imagine that the interior or the controls are any different. The control for the low beams and parking lights for my car are on the stalk on the left of the steering wheel that is also the turn signal. Simply turn the control at the end of the stalk 2 clicks to turn on the low beams. The high beams are engaged/disengaged by pulling the left hand stalk back. The fog light control is on the center console just in front of the switches for the seat heaters - kind of under the hand brake.

I am not looking at the car right now, but I believe the other control in that pod is for traction control on/off. There is also a control for setting the level of brightness for the dash illuminatino. On the cruise control, when it is turned on, there is a small light on the switch that will illuminate, but the cruise control indicator in the speedometer will not light until cruise is actually engaged with the buttons on the steering wheel.

Let me know if you need me to go out and look at my car.