RSX Acura's entry into the sport compact class combines high horsepower and cutting edge suspension to give the driver the feel of a race ready sports car...

how much horsepower boost?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 03:42 PM

Ok, I drove an 02 RSX automatic. The guy at the dealership let me take it out without him so I was able to really mash on it. I thought it handles and corners really well. At this point I would focus all my funds to engine upgrades. the intake and exaust is a great start. As for the ECU, I think Hondata is the best. It's tuneable soevery timeyou getnew parts on, you can take it to someone who can tune it on a dyno to get the max horsepower out of your mods. In a place as large as Boston skilled tuners should be plentyful. Also most cold air intakes don't come with a bypass valve to prevent water from enteringthe engine.So your gonna need to get one(pretty sure K&N makes one). It's called an intake bypass valve, if it gets wet it closes and sucks in air from the engine bay. Good luck! write back and let everyone know how it goes.

Old 05-28-2007, 09:28 PM

fyi to that guy talkin bout a blow off valve u kinda need a turbo for
that which can be though with v techs to get them timed right.

Old 07-19-2007, 06:33 PM

which brings me to my question. how much power can the stock A5 tranny and rearend bolt, gears hold in a RSX? can they hold 230flywheel power? also how much power does the base 2003 RSX make? I've been hearing more than 160hp flywheel? did Acura underrated the engines? thanks for the info...

Old 07-19-2007, 09:53 PM

my buddy of mine says stock RSX will have about 163 hp at the crank and about 130 at the wheels.

Old 07-19-2007, 10:22 PM

cool, how about the other question... stockbase RSX rearend and tranny holds well at 230-240flyweel hp?

I know the type S RSX has improved tranny and suspension so it may help for rearend to hold well upto 270s perhaps...

what do you guys know about this?

because I want to do the bolt ons mods and get my 2003 base RSX to 210-220 so I was wondering if suspension mods are necessary, rearend upgrade (so that the diff and bolt don't get banged up) and if the tranny needs built up too?

Old 07-19-2007, 11:17 PM

dood i dont know.

but does anyone know if i get a NOS system...

would i need to upgrade other parts?

Old 07-29-2007, 04:26 PM

ok i'll give it a shot. to djvaleys question, your manual tranny should hold up fine but the strain of an extra 80-100 fwhp will eventually wear it down. This will happen to any tranny, heck engine for that matter. the aftermarket parts to strenghten your base tranny (non type-S)do not appear to beas plentyful as the type-s platform. your suspension and drivetrainwill handle the increased power but again will wear prematurely(the constant cost of MO power[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]). As to the rear end question I'm a little confused because the RSX is front wheel drive. do you mean strain on the rear do to hard launching while drag racing? Just curious as to your plan to achive 230 fwhp?

now to the fongs question. You should be able to add a 40-50 shot with no major parts upgrades. the rule of thumb I heard was retard cam timing 1 degree for every 50 shot. How are you doing? have you put on the intake and exaust yet? does the car feel different? hope you are doing well.[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Old 08-31-2007, 08:33 PM

rsxess.. a k24 engine doesnt give out 240hp..

i have a crv 05 with an intake im running arund 170hp 170tq.. so i dont understand if hyur talking bout the v6 accord instead..

Old 08-31-2007, 08:35 PM

all hondas/acurras are a bit underrated...

Old 08-31-2007, 09:28 PM

w0ow this is a old topic.

fun 1 as well

all mods will cost you. more than money.

they also will cost you dependability,comfort

pop off valves are used to release boosted pressures when they are
presend but no longer needed. superchargers, turbos, and high
flow ram air all use them.

turbos and superchargers can go the distance if built right many
manufactures make them in production vehicles that last well over 100k.

a turbo COULD give you better fuel milage if you dont romp on it all that often. (the 1 advantage to turbo lag).

if a turbo/supercharger is placed in a stock motor and limited to 5
pounds of boost a 35-55 hp gain should be expected with little to no
extra wear and tear. and could last 100k easy.

Nos is fun and is just as dangerous as anything else.

over do the boost on a turbo/supercharger that doesnt have the fuel to
match it and you will blow holes in your pistons just as fast.

Want something fun try a liquid oxygen system. (that will kill you if you dont respect it fully)

LoX rocks.

ever try hydro injection?

it works well with alcy too

Quick Reply: how much horsepower boost?