RL Acura's 300HP All Wheel Drive luxury sedan...

Glitches on Certified 2005 RL?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Default Glitches on Certified 2005 RL?

I was looking forward to picking up the RL I bought at a dealer tomorrow. (I've not driven it off the lot yet.) They were fixing some glitches with it...like the of the rear view mirrors not going down properly when you back up, the voice recognition not working, and they reset the key fobs for seat memory.

What I discovered in checking it out today is one of the XM stations is distorted. (Channel 32 The Message) This is a station I listen to. Other stations are clear and it's clear in another RL on their lot. It seems that receiving an XM signal is pass or fail...so this seems odd. Why won't one channel come in cleanly?

I read about a glitch where the door locks won't work when you press on the handle to lock the door. That's the case with this car. The sales manager tells me this is a known issue that happens on the light color cars. (This one is Meteor Silver.) The lock works on the gray car they have...and XM 32 works fine in that car as well.

Is this a bad car? Am I weird to want a buy a car where things work? The car has 50,000 miles on it. It's Certified and I bought the extended warranty to cover this stuff, but I don't think I should take the car with known problems.

I've known the owner of this dealership for years from our business community and it's a good dealership. We bought a TL from them several years ago. Where we last left off, the sales manager is going to try to undo the deal, as they don't want me to take the car if I'm not happy with it.

Perhaps I can hunt down another RL or they will give they other one they have. (It has 58,000 miles) I thought the RL would be a good car to replace my new generation 2007 Infiniti G35 coming off a two year lease, but now I'm not so sure.

Any insight is appreciated. A decision will be made tomorrow. Thanks!

Old 07-13-2009, 11:37 AM

what did you end up doing? what was causing the problems?

Old 07-14-2009, 07:05 PM

Thanks for asking.

They deleted the deal on the car with the glitches and found me another car. It's a good one. The in service date is better as well. I'll get 3 years full warranty on this car. I prefer the color, silver with black interior, which is classic. The first car was Meteor silver (kind of a blue grey) with light tan interior.

What was off on that car could be fixed, I believe they put it on the lot without being thorough with it. A mistake they admit...and the owners of the dealership, who I know personally from our business community profusely apologized and did everything they could to make me happy. They could have sold my silver car for more.

They let me drive the silver car for two days before I bought it and so far, I'm very happy with it. I've had it about a week now. I think for the money this car can't be beat. Seemingly the last of the 2005 models are almost gone and they will be into 2006 models that will cost more.

All in all it worked out well.