Certified Pre-Owned Warranty - Acura Forums - Acura Enthusiasts Forum

RDX This powerful crossover combines handling and power with plenty of cargo room..

Old 07-11-2012, 03:14 PM

Exclamation Certified Pre-Owned Warranty

Hi Guys,

I am new here and recently purchased a Certified Pre-Owned 2008 RDX SH with the technology package. However, there is something that is eating at me and I am trying to gather some information. A certified pre-owned vehicle supposed to go through a series of checks and a form/document is given to the new owner. I did not receive it at the time so the next day I went back to the dealership. At first they said they could not find it and after a few hours they gave me a checklist but with no date on there. I told them I think the vehicle was not certified and that this paper is NOT a true representation. They went on about this is Acura and they would not do that. OK.

The left front headlight of the RDX had moisture so I said I want this replaced. They said it will take a few days because corporate has to goodwill the part. If a vehicle is certified pre-owned with 54k miles why would the dealer need to goodwill the part? Isn't it covered under the limited warranty of 12k miles/12months and or 7years/100k mile warranty?

Thanks in advance.