RDX This powerful crossover combines handling and power with plenty of cargo room..

Rdx creaking front end

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2021, 03:52 PM
Default Rdx creaking front end

Hello all,
I've recently purchased a 2016 RDX AWD with 23k miles. Love it. Have had it only 2.5 weeks and a problem arose. When the car has been idle (overnight) in my garage, the next day when I start it and place it in "D" or "R" and move the car only about 1 foot or so in D or R, I get a very loud creaking noise coming from the front end. In Park, the noise is gone. However, when standing still and turning the steering wheel all the way from right to left, I also hear the creaking noise. It's not just a feint noise but a pronounced, loud creaking noise that sounds awful. But like I said, is not heard in "P" (park). Also, when we parallel park we also heard it when turning the wheels back and forth. It's at the dealer now because we have an extended warranty we purchased with the car. Dealer responded today and said they don't hear any noise! I even gave them a video clip of the car running and the noise easily heard. Can anyone shed any type of light on what this may be? Control arm bushings? Sway bar bushings? It sounds like something isnt lubricated. And since I have the warranty i'd like to have them take care of it. Thanks all!! Looking forward to your thoughts.