MDX Acura's compact yet versatile All Wheel Drive Sport Utility Vehicle...

Acura MDX 2008 TPMS error

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2023, 04:50 PM
Default Acura MDX 2008 TPMS error

i had one tpms sensor error and after few days got ABS,VSA,SHAWD lights.Read if the TPMS is bad all this lights will show up.so bought 4 Genuine Honda TPMS for my acura 2008 and had the local garage install all new TPMS .TPMS seller had instructions "Sensors are all pre-programmed before shipped, don't program it again, each sensor with unique ID, the mechanic need do the relearn work to upload the ID to ECU with a TPMS reset tool(AUTEL is recommended), then the ECU will recognize and receive the signal of the sensor".

Now garage told me drive for a while and air pressure sign will go away. Its been 3rd day and still the tire pressure sign is showing up.
Do acura MDX 2008 has a reset button somewhere ??? do we need to reset or any other help please.

Tried turning key to ON position and taking to tire pressure screen and pressing RESET button for 10 sec but nothing happens.

Can anyone help please.

Thank you in advance.

Old 02-03-2024, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by rahul023
i had one tpms sensor error and after few days got ABS,VSA,SHAWD lights.Read if the TPMS is bad all this lights will show up.so bought 4 Genuine Honda TPMS for my acura 2008 and had the local garage install all new TPMS .TPMS seller had instructions "Sensors are all pre-programmed before shipped, don't program it again, each sensor with unique ID, the mechanic need do the relearn work to upload the ID to ECU with a TPMS reset tool(AUTEL is recommended), then the ECU will recognize and receive the signal of the sensor".

Now garage told me drive for a while and air pressure sign will go away. Its been 3rd day and still the tire pressure sign is showing up.
Do acura MDX 2008 has a reset button somewhere ??? do we need to reset or any other help please.

Tried turning key to ON position and taking to tire pressure screen and pressing RESET button for 10 sec but nothing happens.

Can anyone help please.

Thank you in advance.

Hi!! I have a 2008 Acura MDX. I have a water leak in the rear hatch/trunk fuse box. This is on the drivers rear of the MDX and you'll see a little carpeted rectangle on the interior wall undernear the rear window that covers the fuse panel, pop that open and check/feel for any moisture.
I eventually would hear a loud electrical buzzing sound coming from the fuse box, I assume it's water inside the couplers. Also, after heavy rains the alarm system would randomly and frequently go off.. (soooo unbelievably annoying in the middle of the night 10+ times). I researched a youtube video on how to remove the fuse box to bring it indoors to dry out. When I did remove it I lost SHAWD, steering wheel blinker/wiper controls and some other things. If I were you I would take a look at this being the problem causing your systems. I can only guess the more the water creeps into the box the more electronic systems will start to fail for good.
Regarding the TPMS symptom, when I put on my winter tires this seasonat TPMS was working normally but it started to randomly fail and now it consistently says there's a System Error. I'm wondering if one of the connector pins has finally seen enough water corrosion, I'm going to do some more research.