New Member Area New to Acura Forum? Stop in tell us about you...

Hi from a new MDX owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 02:56 PM
Default Hi from a new MDX owner

Just wanted to say Hi to everybody here and introduce myself. Just bought a 2008 Acura MDX yesterday which looks and drives like brand new although it has close to 100k miles. I was looking for an SUV that I would use as a second car, which could pull a one horse trailer and which would not drive like a truck, which that limited the choice to only few models. I am brand new to Acura. The only similar type of car I had in the past was a 2000 BMW X5 4.4l which I sold almost 5 years ago. I am surprised by how sporty and nice the ride on the MDX is. This easily compares to the X5 as far as driving pleasure is concerned. I did want to go back to the BMW X5 because of reliability issues l had with mine. The same day I test drove the Acura I also drove a 2007 Mercedes ML 500 which, while a nice SUV, did not handle has good as the MDX. The MDX just felt much more precise, reminded me of the BMW. Plus this car comes with all the options you can think about. Anyway, I am a handy guy and do most of the maintenance on my cars and motorcycles so I will certainly benefit from this forum but I also will try to provide inputs to it as well as I discover and possibly mod the MDX. I already have few questions. What is the best way to connect an Ipod to this? I have the entertainment system so the AUX connection is through the rca's connectors in the back, not great. Since it has an XM radio (which I will not use) I am assuming that this may be a way to connect an Ipod via some kind of interface. Another question is about the key. The dealer I bought the MDX from only had one key. I was thinking of buying a blank key on ebay and then get it cut and programed. What is the average price that an Acura dealer will take to program a key? Then the last question for the day is since the MDX has a fair amount of miles what are the things I need to pay particular attention that are specific to the MDX? I am not sure if the timing belt has been replaced so this will be on the top of my list. Sorry, this is my very first post and I must recognize that I have not done much research yet.
Thanks a lot and looking forward to become an active member of this site.
Alain

Old 09-25-2012, 02:53 PM
Administrator :
Talking Welcome-Welcome-Welcome

By the way, did I say Welcome to the Acura Forums.?
I guess I just did.

Good 1st post, Thank You for joining.

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Thumbnails Hi from a new MDX owner-532063_10150989891871740_565698692_n.jpg   Hi from a new MDX owner-northcarolina.jpg