Legend This long running platform offered buyers both a coupe and sedan with a combination of luxury and performance...

please help smog issue high nox

Old 12-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Default please help smog issue high nox

here is the info in order with what i posted on another site. the reason why its in different paragraphs is because i just copied and paste what i was posting on another site and people were asking me questions and i was responding back but here we go

I HAVE A 1994 ACURA LEGEND I HAVE A SMOG QUESTION. FAILED NOX ON 25MPH BY 300PTS
replaced catalytic converter but made my car fail both now
replaced o2 sensor didnt do anything
had all my egr clean thru and still nothing
is there something else im missing?
replaced spark plugs
any help will be great

all of the above was checked out i always use chevroon and i drove from fresno to sac
when i smogged it because i was coming from a friends house and thought now would be
a good time to smog but still failed. had egr and everything cleaned and thats when
it pass 15mph so i had the cat replaced and then they both failed again

SO where i have my car at there is a smog shop next door and they havegotten very close to this
whats going on his something about the egr not opening up. theyve replaced it with a new one but still nothing
now when they manually actuate the egr with a hand pump the nox goes wayyyyy down like 800pts down but thats if the
manually pump it while another person is running the smog. well the the smog tech wont allow that to happen because
he said he doesnt wanna get in trouble
so has anybody ever heard of this and can help out on this.
theres another little box next to the egr that is suppose to tell the egr to open but its not doing that for some reason.
they are still looking into this and im sure will be fixed soon but just thought somebody here can help
egr is fully working 100 percent. has nothing to do with egr not working this problem involves a sensor of some sort not telling this box to open the egr.
do you understand? hard to explain. i just got off the phone with bluemagicss and he knows what im talking about we just dont know which sensor is causing this.
The ECU controls a solenoid that opens the valve up at a variable duty cycle at higher revs where the exhast gases can be allowed into the intake system to be burnt.
why the ecu is not telling this solenoid to do so is what is wrong