Legend This long running platform offered buyers both a coupe and sedan with a combination of luxury and performance...

Help, I Crashed My Ride!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 08:43 AM
Default Help, I Crashed My Ride!

So, I crashed my 89 legend coupe the other night. I only have liability ins. and, so, i'm going to have to fix it myself if that is even possilbe. Here's the deal:

I scratched the front right end up pretty good and bent the wheel well just a bit but, really, it looks cosmetic. I'm pretty confident it's drivable.

Problem is, I must have hit it pretty hard cuz my driver's side airbag went off (busted my cheek up pretty good too). I've heard that it is really expensive to have an airbag put back in or replaced or whatever and so am probably just going to cut it out.

However, my car won't move! It's a manual and I can get the car started and rev the engine but when I put it into gear, it wont move out of neutral. I'm guessing the transmission locks up after the airbag is ejected or something, right?

Is there a way I can release this lock personally? If not, can I pay someone to do it? If I have to go to the dealership, are they gonna make me replace the airbag?

Thanks so much for your help and sorry this was so long. I really liked my acura and want to make it live again, even if it is a little haggard now.