Legend This long running platform offered buyers both a coupe and sedan with a combination of luxury and performance...

i need some help having problems with my 94 legend

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 02:15 PM
Default i need some help having problems with my 94 legend

hey everyone i'll try to get to the point as fast as possible with much detail with little saying. =)

First off 2 years ago i bought a 1994 acura legend ls with 199k on the engine, within the first 4 months piston went, alternator went out, pullys, water pump, coils whatever.

So my car sat up for a little over a year, so i bought a 1996 acura TL engine and they had to do some modification for it to fit in my legend so i had old engine pulled new one dropped. The 1996 tl engine only had around 40k miles on it.

so after that the car started surging really bad and i found out one of the coils was bad so i replaced it, surging stopped.

um i took it to a friend mechanic to cut the cat off for me and he said that he recommends the most expensive tune up possible so i've now changed out all the coils and spark plugs and about a month ago i started having this problem.

every time my car gets to half a tank or below i'll drive it and when i come to a stop when the MPH drops to around 20 MPH the cars RPM's will drop all the way down to 0 and it will surge like its trying to start back up and then it stalls. (I've replaced the fuel filter in hopes of seeing a change).

Now if it has a quarter of a tank it's really hard to start it up and it stalls nearly every time i stop and then its really hard to turn it over again.

the other day i had a quarter of a tank and i parked on a hill and i litterly had to roll my car all the way to the bottom of the hill in order to turn it over i sat for about 10 minutes trying to start it, so at the bottom of the hill it started, and started stalling as i was going back up the hill.

And the RPMs are unstable when i first start it up regardless of how much gas it will go up and down between 750 and 1750 and then stays at about 1000 in park, then when i put it in gear, reverse or drive it will drop down to around 500-750 rpms.

Hopeing somebody here can help, don't have much spending money to buy a whole lot of parts right now if you think is needed, but i can take it apart and clean something =D

P.S

I've had my alternator and battery checked there in top shape.

thanks to anyone that can help