Legend This long running platform offered buyers both a coupe and sedan with a combination of luxury and performance...

94 Acura Legend

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 06:36 PM

I am looking at purchasing a 94 Legend with 84,000 miles on it. Was wondering if this was a good year for the Legend or was there some problems. Need to know before I make a mistake HELP!!!

Old 02-08-2006, 06:12 PM

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->
</>
One thing to look out for is the Blown Head Gasket. The cars usually shows symtoms of a heating problem. Its not noticed on a short test drive. A test drive for atleast 10 miles or so really causing the engine to do some work may show it. The temperature needle usually peaks up in the 3rd quandrant then all of a sudden drops back down a little less than middle which it usually should be. Be careful I would make a list of known issues through the forums you read and when you go to purchase check off those items as you go. Good Luck.

Old 09-17-2006, 10:06 PM

Take it to a shop have them perform a inspection on it...

If you hunt around i bet you can find that will do it for free if you buy a oilchange...or something like that.

Beleive me its work it verses buying a 5k lemon that will eat up another 5k

[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

Old 12-18-2006, 04:13 PM

warriorking</span> i could use some advise, I have the same problem as u just discribed. My 93 Legend just blew a head gasket.At least i think, it could also be the water pump(the midas touch). I have 131k on the motor. The body has 2 pieces of small rust on both the rear fenders. My car was running fine a week ago, now it over heats in a matter of minutes.What should i do, what can i do?</span>

Old 12-19-2006, 12:41 AM

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
SymRealOnLoad();
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

//-->
</>
Best thing to do is take it to a mechanic who you can trust. Can you tell that it is really overheating or are you going by the temperature gauge?Dont take any chances on making things worse by driving it when it over heats. If you are sure its the head gasket, best to take it to a trusted mechanic. In a case I experienced when the needle was bouncing, it could wasthe temperature sensor malfunctioning. That cost me about $35.00 and you can change it yourself. After I replaced that it was fine. When the car warmed up, the gauge went a little bit below half way point and then stayed there. If you keep checking the forum, they have a list of basic things you can check before you take it to the mechanic. But if nothing else and you are still not sure. Take it to a trusted mechanic. Hope this helps.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:57 PM

<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
SymRealOnLoad();
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

//-->
Originally Posted by warriorking
&lt; =&gt;

Best thing to do is take it to a mechanic who you can trust. Can you tell that it is really overheating or are you going by the temperature gauge?Dont take any chances on making things worse by driving it when it over heats. If you are sure its the head gasket, best to take it to a trusted mechanic. In a case I experienced when the needle was bouncing, it could wasthe temperature sensor malfunctioning. That cost me about $35.00 and you can change it yourself. After I replaced that it was fine. When the car warmed up, the gauge went a little bit below half way point and then stayed there. If you keep checking the forum, they have a list of basic things you can check before you take it to the mechanic. But if nothing else and you are still not sure. Take it to a trusted mechanic. Hope this helps.
I am having the bouncing tempreture gage problem on my 1992 Legend with 145K. The head gasket was replaced last year, and recently I also replaced the radiator and the thermostat. With mine it seems to go up 3/4 and then the thermostat opens and it brings the tepreture down to the middle. Then goes up again and comes down, and on and on.. Now with my car the fan does not kick-in, could that be the problem instead of the sensor? Also, mine on a cold start idles funny, the rpm go up and down when the car is in park, but it goes away when you put it into gear. Now, once the temp. gage has gone up to 3/4 and come down, it starts idling normally. Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks in advance

Old 08-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I had a similar problem a few months back.. a blown head gasket. I was able to find some acura legend parts to fix the problem.

Old 10-07-2007, 07:38 PM

I have a 94 LS Cpe, which I am selling. I too was having the over heating problem after over 200k miles. Insted of replacing the headgaskets ( which wasthe problem), I just found a low mileage used engine. The cost to replace the whole engine was a little more than the cost to repair the head gasket. The engine only had about 45,000 miles on it and I have been driving with no problems or worries ever since.