Integra The car that brought the Acura name to the foreground of the sport tuner market...

SWAP from B18A1 to B16A JDM

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 12:28 AM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
I am about to embark on a swap in July. My car is a 91 Acura Integra LS with a USDM B18A1 with JDM B16A S1 Tranny. My car is a 2dr hatch, with the normal mods, ie CAI, exhaust, chipped ECU, short throw shifter, and nice rims. I am going to swap in my car a JDM B16A because this is my first swap and wanted something easy, or what I hope to be easy. I have done a lot of reading and research on this subject from this forum and various others but what I don't find is how to actually wire in the four extra wires neededfor VTEC and O2 sensors from JDM to USDM. I am going to use the PR3 ecu, which will come with themotor when Ibuy it. So how do you wire this setup, from the actual ecu plug all the way up to the VTEC selonoid andO2 sensor? Or maybeI am just lost on this part of the swap. I hear everything else will be a plug and play if you will,since I am going to use my B18A1 harness. For a first time swapI just want to get some help on this so I don't mess anything up. If someone has a detailed swap DIY that would be great.
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-41";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 05-15-2008, 07:39 PM

That swap will for sure put a smile on your face. Honestly I don't know the wire answer. The current editor of Honda Tuning Aaron Bonk wrote a book on this called "Honda Engine Swaps" go to www.cartechbooks.com they even have a web downloadable version. Also maybe contact rywire.com. that guy can make a harness for ANY honda swap. Please keep us updated on the swap!Edited by: AKinDen

Old 05-15-2008, 09:54 PM

</>
Dude that is a sweet website on rywire.com...thanks a million. Have you done this swap? I am going to guess you have an your happy with the results. I have other plans for the B18A1 engine once I get this swap done. I am going to totally redo the engine with the insides for boost on a hatchback civic once I find a good body candidate.Again thanks man

Jeremery
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-41";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 05-15-2008, 10:25 PM

I actually haven't done that swap. I have a 99 civ coupe w/ a B18C6(UK spec)ITR swap. I LOVE MY DRIVE TO WORK! rywire is a killer company, Ryan Basseri has made the wiring on swaps a click away. Dude has done all the research. I really dig your chassis, one of my all time favorites. Make sure you address braking and suspension with that new found power. Also chassis bracing, sway bars, ect. will help make you feel in control and help w/ wheel hop.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:25 PM

</>
I got aftermarket slotted and cross drilled rotors all around. I need to get new suspension set up though...ie like new coilovers and chassis bracing. I would love to upgrade the sway bars too. So with the B16a i'll have some wheel hop? That is rad dude...I am so stoked...and can't wait to drop it down in there. I also need to address the common rust areas and have that fixed as well. I want another paint job butI don't think I want clear coat on it this time. Seems like all clear coat cars peel really bad. I am new to the whole honda/acura scene because I use to live in So Cali and didn't want what everyone else had so I got a 92 Nissan 300zx twin turbo...I kinda regret not getting into the honda/acura scene sooner. I love my teg and wouldn't trade it for anything...I pick it up for a mere $700. I did however have a 98 Honda Civic EX auto though back when I lived in Cali for awhile..until one day I got stupid and traded it off for a new CR-V...lol!! Had it paid off too...i regret that...see what women can make a man do..thank God i'm divorced from her..lol!!
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-41";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 05-16-2008, 11:17 PM

I can relate, I divorced a BATTLE AXE in 2000. Then I married an ANGEL in 2003. She understands my Honda addiction and still loves me. I'm so friggen lucky and I hope you find that. That's funny on the 300zx cause that's another car that I've admired/coveted since I was in high school. 16 years later that car still looks sexy as hell. A close friend of mine lost his licence for 10 years due to that car. Don't worry about getting into the game late. 5 years from now we'll all be saying "just swap in a K-series, it'll be cheaper"

Old 05-16-2008, 11:50 PM

No doubt man on the K series...lol!! I thought about getting myself a new acura after I get done with college. The tsx was going to be my choice...but we'll see. I want a house and all that. I actually have found an angel myself too. She is a great woman. She says I drive her nuts about all the car stuff. I just think its funny. She is glad that I am doing this swap so I can make it through college with this car. Living on a budget for now..lol!! Wow I guess your buddy was doing a lot of racing and speeding..lol!! Sounds like we're about the same age then, I graduated back in 95. My 300zx is auto though. I want to convert it to stick after I get it from cali, its still setting at my ex's house (well I hope, she says it is) I need to ship it to Ohio b/c it needs a water pump. So why do you have a UK spec ITR motor in your car and not a JDM? Where u from?
</>

< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-41";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 05-17-2008, 01:52 AM

you two are fun

nice info on the wiring.
i do a lot of custom wiring on domestic V8 stuff and am just getting into the imports. (have not done enough homework yet) and am impressed with some one who has it all together.

i am brain storming a full tube chassis with cage sporting 2 stock 3.0 accord drive trains into a gen 1 legend coupe.

wiring is 1 step im still factoring
along with many many more.
Including a Realistic budget.

(im also the type that tends to not follow the lines)

good luck on that swap.sounds like a ton of fun.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:07 AM

I graduated in 94 up in Alaska. I've lived in Colorado since 2000. Love it here. I have no idea how the championship white type-r got here. It was smashed in the rear end with 12k on the odometer. The engine and SI tranny swap was done by pro auto care of denver. The piston(oversized CTR)and valve(Omni springs,skunk retainers)swap was done there as well. PM me with your e-mail and I'll send you some pics of my sleeper