Integra The car that brought the Acura name to the foreground of the sport tuner market...

Squeaking Issue no one can solve?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 01:40 PM

I have a 95 Acura IT SE. I am trying to put some work into it because it only has 90K and I want to get some more life out of it. Yet there is a screeching problem when I accelerate. It's only at a degree of acceleration and at alevel in which I have thegas pedal down. I have taken the car to many mechanicsthey can't fix the problem. I have replaced all the belts in this car. I can only assume it's the pulley systems. I have tried to oil them correctly but the screeching sound is still there and very annoying. Any one else have this problem or some thing like it? Any idea on how to fix before I replace the pulleys.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:32 PM

You have a 95 Integra right?can you make it screech when your in neutral by reving it? automatic or manual transmission? Does it onlyhappen when the car is cold or all the time? I can't see it being the pulleys, there the stock pulleys right? Let me know.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:12 PM

Yes it's a 95 Integra and yes it does screech when I am in neutral only slightly. It seems to only screech when I have the gas down 3/5's. It's worse when I am at a higher RPM yet it's only at 3/5's it does not make that sound when Ihave the gasfloored.Could it be a radiator? I have replaced one pulley it made no difference all the rest are stock. It does not matter if it's hot or cold.

Old 03-30-2007, 09:51 PM

Sorry it took me so long to reply.I can't get my head around it being a pulley. Pulleys just spin on a rotating shaft. Do you know when the timing belt was changed last? The water pump spins on the timing belt.Is the car runningover the usual engine temp range?Tensioners on the acessorry or timing belt could squeak. If a Tensioner has a fouled bearing,greasingit won't fix it. Why do you suspect the radiator? Let me know.

Old 04-14-2007, 11:38 PM

do you have a cold air intake? I have a 98 integra ls and it made no noise until I put a cold air in it. I have the same problem: it squeals when I hold the throttle down about 3/5 but it doesn't squeal in neutral or when floored. All of my belts are good and the noise seems to come from the area of the intake filter. Other than the squeal, performance is fine. Any advice is welcome. Thanks.</span>
Edited by: Teg98ls