Integra The car that brought the Acura name to the foreground of the sport tuner market...

Recent bought 94LS - Lots of questions -

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 03:38 PM

Hi Acura owners,

Yesterday, I just bought a 94 Integra LS with 111k miles on both the body and motor. I must say the 5speed transmission and clutch are near perfect - one of the reasons I bought the car despite its numerous other problems which I need you experienced guys' help for.

i. Although the tranny is smooth, and I think the engine is smooth, there is a noticable vibration when I'm doing anything above 50. At 60, its noticable. At 70, its very noticable. The vibration is not random; the oscillations are very repetitive. Thus I concluded that its definitely caused by the engine. The engine's out of balance / the mounting is gone bad / any dampers gone bad (?) Could anyone please advice how solid a 94 integra should feel at 70 & most importantly what are the key elements that I need to get checked out to get rid of the vibration.

ii. The steering is quite slack - lots of play. What are the key elements there to check / repair / replace to get it taught again. Not looking for brand new car like feeling, but definitely I want to taughter and heavier.

iii. The temp gauge in the dashboard doesn't show a reading. Mostly likely would this be a problem with the gauge or with the sensor? Any idea on costs of replacement / repair?

iv. The speakers are quite bad. I want to replace them. Again, I'm not looking for bose quality audio. Anything that doesnt give static and has decent bass will do for me. I want to do this repair / replacement myself. Can you guys suggest affordable speakers (brand, specs) I can pick up off the shelf and install at home?

v. Whats the kind of fuel efficiency you guys are looking at?

vi. My engine cold idles at 2100 rpm, hot idles at 1100-1200 rpm. Isn't this a little more than it should be? (compared to other cars?) My engine does 3400 rpm at 70 mph at 5th gear on a straight level road. My friends 2002 pontiac sunfire does the same speed, same gear, same road at 2850 rpm... so wondering if my integra is normal?

I really appreciate answers to the above questions. I hope to be reassured about my car... else I'll feel like I've bought a lemon of a car!

Thanks in advance for all your help,

Best,

Rahul

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" ="text/"></>< ="text/">_uacct = "UA-939292-41";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 02-26-2008, 09:15 AM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
as far as the vibration goes, check the motor mounts and check the balance on the tires, those are some quick easy places to look.

normal integra idle is 750 i believe
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-41";
urchinTracker();
</>