Integra The car that brought the Acura name to the foreground of the sport tuner market...

Need help with tranny swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 01:16 AM

i just got an Acura Integra LS 2dr with a b18b1 dohc non-vtec.i currently have an automatic and i hate it!!!i get beat by pos cars off the line all the time...i need to kno if i should convert it or just get another car...

Old 09-06-2006, 04:30 PM

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->
</>
speaking from experience in the matter since i had an automatic and i did convert to a manuali would say that if you arent overly attached to your ride to sell it and go one step on the food chain of integras and get yourself a GSR. however, if you are anything like me and couldnt see yourself driving a different car then shop around and find a shop that will do you for you. just make sure that they have a lot of experience in that kind of swap before you give them the keys and say go.

Old 10-01-2006, 01:06 AM

where can i get the complete conversion kit?ive checked with my local shops but they want an arm and a leg for it....

Old 10-02-2006, 05:08 AM

the only true way to get a "conversion kit" would be through purchasing a motor swap, which is what i did. altough you could go out and by the parts needed and then take them to a shop and try to get them to only charge you for labor. this might work, however, they will likely make you sign some sort of waiver saying that there is no warranty on customer/used parts since they dont know where they came from. another option would be to make friends with a honda mechanic and convince them to do the work for you at a discounted price. if i were you, i would probably just go out and buy the parts and take them somewhere to get it done. almost any tuner shop should be willing to do this for you. i know of one in nebraska that does conversions like fat people eat junkfood and they do it for around $1500. just do some research and find a reputable shop that will give you a good price. if you cant find one, visit your local tuner hangout and ask some of the people, guaranteed that at least 5 of the dozens of people you come in contact with will agree on the same shop.
< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{