Integra The car that brought the Acura name to the foreground of the sport tuner market...

Clutch issue (1993 LS 2DR)

Old 09-04-2007, 01:24 PM

Hi, my name is Andy and i'm a newbie here. Please excuse the username, i'm a saturn tuner (trying to get out.... help me!) but im actually on here because my friend has a 1993 Integra LS with a clutch problem.

The other day, he called me up saying that his clutch was engaging really low to the floor and that its hard to get into gear. So today i went and looked at it. We tried adjusting the cable but the adjuster wouldnt turn. It would rotate, but the threads were stripped. So we went to acura and ordered a new cable ($58)

We rigged something up with a hose clamp so he can still drive the car. The pedal felt weird because of the rubber flexing on the hose clamp. We didnt think anything of it. Driving through the driveway, there was a lot of clutch chatter. Again, i hadn't driven the car in a long time so i didnt think anything was wrong. All of a sudden, we heard a snap and the pedal dropped to the floor. I thought the clutch cable snapped. Turns out, it didnt.

The lever that the clutch cable attaches to is now limp, and has about 2" of play. I knew that something wasn't right with the clutch. Symptoms point to a throw out bearing falling off, or something more serious. We have not started the engine since losing the clutch, but i believe that the throw out bearing couldnt have fallen off, being as how it rides on the input shaft. What could the possibilities be?

When moving the lever, it definetly feels like the fork is moving inside the bellhousing. Is it possible that the throw out bearing slipped THROUGH the pressure plate? Just looking for some answers before we tear it apart.

Thanks in advance!

Old 09-04-2007, 11:17 PM

bump

any insight?