General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

A New Friend in need of advice

Old 09-19-2012, 05:54 PM
Default A New Friend in need of advice

I hate to be a pest but I know someone out there has had this happen.

I am a new member searching for a solution for my 1994 Acura Vigor w/85k miles, auto trans.

Here's what happened...was driving and all of a sudden, it started to die, like it ran out of gas. I got it started and put fuel in the tank (it was low) and drove it home. Came out an hour later and the car started fine and ran for 15 minutes and died again and I could not get it started and I had to push it home.

So, I bought a fuel filter, replaced it and the car starts fine, also, I pulled apart the main relay & soldered all the tips in it. I took the EGR tube off and made sure it was clear. I even bought a fuel pressure regulator and it still has a huge hesitation over 1500rpm. I sprayed the throttle body w/carb/fuel injection cleaner. The car will start & idle fine, and slowly rev up, but while driving, under load if i go over 1500-1800 rpm, it bogs down & dies. There is no check engine light on. The fuel pressure is good too btw.

I am stumped ...Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
-DBJ-