Integra The car that brought the Acura name to the foreground of the sport tuner market...

Misfires in all 4 cylinders! Need advice

Old 11-09-2008, 10:37 PM

Hey guys, Im new to this forum, but I've heard great things and was hoping you could help me out. Im typically a car savvy person, but most of my experience is with BMW's.

Heres the issue: My brother has a 2000 Integra LS Non-vtec, 69,000 miles. He recently wrecked it (all front end damage), but was repaired. The only motor work needed was the radiator, or so we thought.

After the car was fixed, it started misfiring in all 4 cylinders. I ran the codes, and I got 5 of them. Basically just Misfire cylinder 1,2,3,4 then the 5th code was Misfire in multiple cylinders.

At first, I thought it was bad gas. The car sat for quite a while before being fixed, and I thought there might be moisture in the gas tank. I put in a fuel treatment, and still have the misfires. Its weird because it drives fine at times, but randomly will misfire badly and nearly stall at a light if left in neutral.

I drove it last night then pulled it into my garage, and popped the hood. I checked all the fluid levels, they were good, then noticed a small puff of smoke come out from the valve cover that smelled a lot like burning plastic/rubber. It was most def. not oil or antifreeze, and it wasnt a consistant flow of smoke, just one quick cloud then it was gone.

Any ideas on where to start with multiple misfires?

Thanks in advance,

-Matt