General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Hi from a new Acura owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 09:26 AM
Default Hi from a new Acura owner

Hi Group!

I am the proud owner of a 2010 Acura MDX, just picked it up last week after trading in my Dodge Magnum. So far I am loving the car but I know I will have questions so here I am.

I'm Max and live in the Northeast, Greater Boston area.

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post newbie questions but I will ask one here and then look through the forums for a more appropriate place if necessary.

When I was going through all the paperwork that came with my MDX I found a Code Alarm Professional Series CA 5050 Owner's Guide. The car only came with one Acura key (Driver 2) and nothing else. I asked if the car has a remote starter installed but the salesman avoided the question (this was via e-mail and the dealership is NOT an Acura shop). So I don't know if I have a remote starter or not. One thing I did note is that I have a little device stuck to the windshield behind the rearview mirror. When I went through the Acura owner's manuals I didn't see anything like this so I am thinking it's aftermarket. Has anyone else got a similar device? It's about 2.5" x 1.5". It's black / dark and seems to have a button and a cable ribbon coming out of it but I have no idea where the cable goes other than "into the ceiling". I took another closer look at the "thing" and it definitely looks like it has a short antenna sticking out of it - I didn't notice that before. Looked on the code-alarm website and didn't immediately see any images of the device, just the key fobs, and so I can't tell exactly what it is.

Cheers, Max

Last edited by HibsMax; 09-05-2012 at 09:34 AM.