CL The Mid-Sized coupe that offered buyers the feel of a compact coupe with the interior to comfortably seat 4...

3.2 CL alignment problem??

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Default 3.2 CL alignment problem??

ok... i am about to be on my 5th CL.... my first one was a 97 2.2.... followed by a 98 2.3.... and two 01 3.2's after that.... i am about to buy my 5th, which is a 03 3.2 type-S.... both of my 01's pulled to the right... as well as this 03 type-S i am about to buy (i test drove it yesterday)

both of my 01's met untimely fates... i owned my first 01 for 1 month... it pulled so hard when i got it, i had to take it back to the dealership for an alignment. it only made it "a little better"... i owned my 2nd 01 for 4 months... it pulled to the right as well... but not hard to enough to force me to go get an alignment asap.

when i test drove the 03 type-S yesterday the first thing i looked for was the pulling to the right.. and sure enough it did. my friend who im buying it from didn't have an answer for me.

another friend of mine has a 06 TL and tells me it pulls to the right as well. and when he got an alignment from the dealer it only "helped a little".

is this a widespread problem with these models? or would a simple alignment and tire rotation fix it? i find it odd that i did not have this problem with my 97 or 98 CL's, but with both my 01's, as well as the 03 i am about to buy, i do.

any insight much appreciated

Old 05-10-2009, 06:32 PM

he might have damage to his car and dont know about it but it shouldnt pull to the side at all after an alighnment.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by L3GDKANG/JDM-KA
he might have damage to his car and dont know about it but it shouldnt pull to the side at all after an alighnment.

so both my 01's and this 03 im about to buy as well as my friend's 06 TL all coincidently have the same "damage" done to the car?

Old 05-11-2009, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Clown
so both my 01's and this 03 im about to buy as well as my friend's 06 TL all coincidently have the same "damage" done to the car?
no they shouldnt because a few of my friends have them and none of theirs have that problem as i have drive 3 of the 7 that i know.