CL The Mid-Sized coupe that offered buyers the feel of a compact coupe with the interior to comfortably seat 4...

2001 CL type S transmission

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 03:09 PM
Default 2001 CL type S transmission

I've read many of the posts re acura/Honda transmissions. my problem seems slightly different than most. car has 119k miles and a couple of years after I bought it (new) I took it back to the dealer as part of the transmission recall. ever since then I haven't had any problems until very recently. SOMETIMES the car will rev high in 1st gear and then shift hard into 2nd, rev high in 2nd gear and then shift hard into 3rd -- revs high in 3rd but won't shift into 4th -- I have to put the shifter into manual mode to shift into 4th and 5th gears. all downshifts are automatic and smooth. other times the transmission operates as it should and it's very smooth in shifting from gear to gear right up through 5th. this past weekend I added some sea-foam to the transmission fluid but the shifting problems are still there. i'd say I'm having this problem about every 3rd time I drive the car. between the time the transmission was repaired as part of the recall (at about 23,000 miles) and now I have not done any preventive maint on the transmission -- such as having the fluid flushed. before I take it to someone to look at I thought I would get some insight from some of you.

thanks.

Old 03-27-2024, 09:49 AM

Hey, I have the same problem. My transmission will get stuck in gear and rev up high and then I have to put the car in reverse or D4 just for the transmission to go back to the 1st gear position. Do you think the selenoids may need changing?