Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it...? Kept it super clean...? Talk about it here...

Control Lights in Dash

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 12:36 AM

Ok, even though it may seem a tiny, non-important problem to some, I see as an annoying one that bothers me!

My car: 1994 Acura Integra LS (if it matters)

The Problem:

The lights that display where the air vents point are out on the (vent bottom; to face - 2nd from left) and on (vent bottom - 3rd from left).

The lights on the fan speed control (1 2 3 4) are also dimmed and faded. They lit up fully before, but then dimmed down.

Near the shifter (automatic if it matters), the shift symbols also dim down. Sometimes I have to give it a little tap to keep them on.

I was wondering if there is a fuse somewhere in the car that is going to blow? A wire being loose? I did have a remote car starter and a car deck installed in the past year or so. Is their too much power drowning from that?

I don't know much about cars, but one day I hope to! [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

Old 05-28-2008, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Acura Ray

I did have a remote car starter and a car deck installed in the past year or so. Is their too much power drowning from that?

I don't know much about cars, but one day I hope to! [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>

< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-41";
urchinTracker();
</>

you might have to much power being being pulled from the battery. try using either a slightly bigger battery or upgrade to a better battery.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:52 PM

I like your icon. Your battery is not the cause. sounds like a loose or dirty connection. my guess is that the lights are on a common circuit. Check the interior fuse panel and pull the fuse. If it's good stick it in and out of its holder several times to clean the connection(re-seating) . now you know power is good and you can check connections and wires. tapping on the shifter lights seemed to change the dimmness so start there. pull the cover and check and re-seat connections. Look for damaged, cut or pinched wires. If everything looks good, It's time to pull your stereo deck. Most likely the wires were damaged during your stereo install. check out the wires in the harness behind your stereo for cuts, rubbing, frays or pinched wires. disassemble these areas slowly and mark which screws go where so assembly after the fix goes smoothly. Get a Haines repair manual for help on removing interior parts.