TL Acura's mid level luxury sedan puts the emphasis on creature comforts, without compromising class leading performance...

Wanna hear a really weird problem????????

Old 08-10-2007, 05:48 PM

<DIV id=post_message_1270319>I have an 01 TL. My brake lights don't work anymore. My reverse lights are fine. The night lights work when the headlights are turned on, just like they should. The third brake light in the rear dash still lights, so it can't be the brake switch behind the pedal (Right?)..........Tried new bulbs.........didn't work......... Tried swapping fuses...... Didn't help......... Swapped relays......... Still nothing. The lamps light up (With the keyless entry for example) but they don't react to the brakes being applied. So it can't be a power issue. The wiring harness is still in tact, so I don't think that is the problem. There is no indicator light to say that the brake lights aren't working, and the brakes seem to be working fine. I honestly can't say for sure if the lights ever worked (I just bought the car a few months ago), but I did have the brake pads replaced. Apart from that, no work has been done on the car. If it isn't the lamps, brake switch, fuse, or relays, or a phantom power issue, or a wiring problem................. WTF can it be?!?!?!?!?!</DIV>