TL Acura's mid level luxury sedan puts the emphasis on creature comforts, without compromising class leading performance...

Parting a 2000 TL

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 07:16 PM
Default Parting a 2000 TL

Hey, wrecked my TL (very sad, LOVE that car) and I'm considering parting it. Now... the suspension is dead and I refuse to sell off anything as I'm pretty sure it's entirely dead and err on the side of caution, right? Driver side rims were wrecked on a concrete barrier (which is why the suspension is equally dead).

Here's the good news... thing purred like a tiger and hauled up until a Nissan Frontier decided he liked my lane better than his and I avoided an accident right into a concrete wall. So, everything non-suspension is in good working order and all body panels minus the bumper miraculously survived a 65-70MPH collision with a freeway's center divide. Interior is in good shape, car is dark gray and a lighter gray interior.

Question is... would it be worth it to buy it back? I'm considering posting (with prices that may or may not be a little negotiable, depends on what part of the car) it in the classifieds here with pics when I get it back.

Would there be in any interest in my posting it? Hit me with replies below if you think you'd be willing to shell out a bit for my dead car.

It was maintained beautifully by the way. Before I enjoyed it, the car had a gig as a corporate fleet vehicle for Acura and it was only serviced (on time, too) by the local dealership. 175k nice miles on it. It was driven about 20 miles on freeways to work 5 days a week and was taken on a few road trips so it had a good run. Hope the info helps.

So the moderators are happy... I'm not selling it yet. Don't even have it back yet. Just testing the waters on this forum. Usually I only am on the ones for my Outback as I feel comfortable ripping into that car, just not my Acura. Let the actual pros play with it.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:11 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Did the insurance company give you a by-back price yet?