TL Acura's mid level luxury sedan puts the emphasis on creature comforts, without compromising class leading performance...

Overheat problem after timing belt water pump changed

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2022, 11:43 AM
Default Overheat problem after timing belt water pump changed

Hello all!!
I'm wondering if anybody else has come across this problem. I just paid 1000.00 to have maintenance work done on an 04 Acura TL I bought. The timing belt, water pump, front valve cover gaskets, rear valve cover gaskets were all replaces plus the Serpentine belt. That was one week ago. I drive it about 60 miles a week. Today drove to town and back 26 miles, shut it off at home and the radiator fan continued to run for several minutes after shutting off. I could smell antifreeze or like burned antifreeze. Open hood and looked way down at hoses and saw one hose really wet. This hose was not either of the radiator hoses...not sure what hose it is. But then, I felt both upper and lower radiator hoses and the upper hose was normal but the bottom hose that goes to water pump was very HOT. I'm not a happy camper right now. Anyone?

Old 05-29-2022, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bryn
Hello all!!
I'm wondering if anybody else has come across this problem. I just paid 1000.00 to have maintenance work done on an 04 Acura TL I bought. The timing belt, water pump, front valve cover gaskets, rear valve cover gaskets were all replaces plus the Serpentine belt. That was one week ago. I drive it about 60 miles a week. Today drove to town and back 26 miles, shut it off at home and the radiator fan continued to run for several minutes after shutting off. I could smell antifreeze or like burned antifreeze. Open hood and looked way down at hoses and saw one hose really wet. This hose was not either of the radiator hoses...not sure what hose it is. But then, I felt both upper and lower radiator hoses and the upper hose was normal but the bottom hose that goes to water pump was very HOT. I'm not a happy camper right now. Anyone?
Never mind. I figured it out myself. Geeze.