TL Acura's mid level luxury sedan puts the emphasis on creature comforts, without compromising class leading performance...

Newbie w/??

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 03:11 PM

Got my bride a new (used) 05 TL a couple of months back and have some questions about the "maintenance minder" system. The car came "certified pre-owned" from an Acura dealer with a fresh oil change. There is no service history however. My wife recently came due for an oil change (19k mi). The dealer qouted me $340 for a 15k service. That included a whole bunch of "extras" (wiper blades, inj flush etc.) which according to the owner's manual, isn't required. The oil life is currently at 50% at 3k on that oil/filter. So--

1. Do I get the oil and filter changed?

2. Do I get the 15k service (dumb question)?

3. Or do I wait for the "maintenance minder" to make up my mind?

I plan on keeping the car for as long as possible. Thanks for any input / advice.

Old 09-26-2006, 11:01 PM

Was this the "B1 or B2" service? If so, it can range anywhere from $225 to $400, depending on the dealer. If it's just the "A1" service, just get the oil changed. The B service requires a lot of work, brake checks, tire rotation, full fluid check, air filter change, cabin filter change and more). If you just brought it in because it hasn't had an oil change in awhile, just do that, nothing more.