TL Acura's mid level luxury sedan puts the emphasis on creature comforts, without compromising class leading performance...

Detailing on the TL

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Default Detailing on the TL

I have an 07 TL in moroccan red pearl, and I want to keep it in great condition. I wash and wax regularly and I usually do the whole car (except the windows) but recently a friend told me that I shouldn't wax the headlights or tail lights because it could cause them to turn yellow after a couple of years. He said there are abrasives in the wax which are harmful to non-painted surfaces. I obviously don't want discolored headlamps but I figured the wax would be a good protectant for bird crap and insects. Has anyone heard of this happening and what do you guys use on your headlamps? Any advice would be appreciated!

Old 06-12-2009, 08:12 AM
Default Plexus is what you need for the plastic bits

It was designed to clean/protect the canopies on jet fighters. I also have a convertable with a plastic rear window and the stuff is awesome on that too.

You can pick it up at marine supply stores (It is used to clean plastic windows on boat canvasses). You can also find it online, of course.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:36 AM

You need to keep wax on your headlights. A UV type wax is prefered, to help prolong the cloudy, hazy, discoloring. Check out www.hrslights.com

Old 08-21-2009, 02:33 AM

no need to wax on the headlight. It can decrease the life of your headlight. Headlights and taillights are the important parts of car. These are the ones which illuminates the road and guides your way. How can you do such a kind of thing to it. If you are still confused go and ask any professional and take his advice.

Last edited by leastinterested72; 08-21-2009 at 11:50 AM.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:15 AM

Hey, I'm not much aware of this kind of problem.Its better to consult a dealer.