TL Acura's mid level luxury sedan puts the emphasis on creature comforts, without compromising class leading performance...

Anyone have any ideas???

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 11:17 AM
Default Anyone have any ideas???

Ok I have a 2002 3.2TL-Type S and I've only owned this car for about a month or so now and I've noticed a few small things that aren't causing problems yet but I want to make sure its nothing I need to be concerned with or need to fix before causing more problems. First thing I've noticed that if I take off from a stop at a slow rate of acceleration at about 25MPH I notice a little stutter/hesitation that is only there for a second and then goes away as I accelerate, but if I take off quickly the stutter/hesitation is not there at all and its smooth as can be, so I have no idea what could be causing that. The second thing I noticed is that when driving at 45MPH consistantly there seems to be a "vibration" that periodically happens, the best way to describe the sound I hear from the vibration while I'm in the car driving it sounds like the sound you hear if you are driving down the interstate and go onto the shoulder a tad and your tires hit those grooves on the shoulder of the road, but its not a consistant sound, it just does it randomly if you maintain the speed of 45MPH. As far as the driving and performance of the car its perfectly normal and there is absolutely no issues and there are no warning lights on the dash or anything at all. So, if anyone has had a similar issue or may know what this is please point me in the right direction before I end up taking it into the shop and dumping a bunch of money for no reason. Thanks to everyone for any help you can provide.