TL Acura's mid level luxury sedan puts the emphasis on creature comforts, without compromising class leading performance...

2005 TL A/C problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 04:30 PM

Bought brand new 2005 Acura TL in August 2005.

Spring 2006, A/C wouldn't cool. Took it to dealer for warranty repair. Dealer said some clamp came loose and let out the gas.

June 2007, A/C wouldn't cool again. Again had it warranty repaired at dealer. Forgot what dealer said the problem was this time.

Now, June 2008, A/C doesn't cool again. A week ago while driving with A/C on, some white gas came out of the vent inside car. A few days later, noticed the cooling effect of the passenger side vents was gone and the driver side vents cool a bit less than normal. Not enough to cool the inside of the car in this SoCal heat.

I'll be taking in the car early next week for warranty repair again.

My concern is that when the 4year warranty runs out next August and this problem keeps recurring, I don't want to b stuck with the bill. I've driven the car very carefully and it's got only 27,000 miles after almost 3 years.

What can I ask of Acura/Honda to solve this problem? Anyone else had similar problems? Is my car a lemon?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,

B.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:17 AM

When you take your car in for repair, take all the work orders from the previous work and show them to the service manager. Express your concern and make sure that they thoroughly check the entire system for leaks.

96 3.2 TL and never even had to add refrigerant
04 TL no problem with AC ever.