TL Acura's mid level luxury sedan puts the emphasis on creature comforts, without compromising class leading performance...

03 TL windshield washer nozzles

Old 02-07-2009, 09:20 PM

I was driving on highway and suddenly washers stopped working. Thought ran out of fluid but even when filled, no fluid out of nozzles.

I can hear pump working but no fluid out. Since it was running fine earlier, cannot imagine hose kinked. The nozzles appear screw type but cannot figure out whether these are adjustible.

Has anybody experienced similar issue or how to trouble shoot?

Old 02-09-2009, 12:21 PM

is fluid coming out from under the car? like a hose broke???

there is a small filter screen on the washer pump itself you may have to pull the pump and see.

any chance the fluid could have just been frozen?

Old 02-15-2009, 10:23 PM

No leak from under the car when I use washer. No fluid out from nozzle either.

I check for washer level and there is fluid. I can hear pump working when I pull lever.

Some times I see just a droplet oozing out from one side but no always.

Wipers work but just washer donot. Waiting for temperature to rise above freezing to know whether that helps

Old 02-16-2009, 12:12 PM

im betting its plugged with ice or junk you may need to pull the pump and clean it out.or it may need replacing.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by acuralegend View Post
is fluid coming out from under the car? like a hose broke???

there is a small filter screen on the
washer pump itself you may have to pull the pump and see.

any chance the fluid could have just been frozen?
Bump. There's a possibility that the fluid is frozen. But have you checked the pump itself or the hose connected to it? The pump in your windshield washer system is not likely to fail, due to the infrequent use of the mechanism. Burn out is also unlikely, but several incidents can cause it to stop working. Power surges can knock out circuits that run electricity to the pump. In this case, the pump will stop working altogether. No water will flow through the lines. Accidents can also jar components in the pump and cause it to work at a slower pace. Prolonged use may eventually burn out the pump mechanism, and this results in a weaker fluid stream and eventually a non-functioning pump.