RSX Acura's entry into the sport compact class combines high horsepower and cutting edge suspension to give the driver the feel of a race ready sports car...

High-pitched noise isssue!!!

Old 01-18-2008, 02:09 PM

Hi, my bro has 06 RSX with a super chargered. Someday ago he found abonormal noise under the hood. It was a shreded seperntin belt so he replaced the belt. After that the car makes high-piched noise when the streering wheel is turned regardless which ways. Sound like somethings squeeze inside the hood. By the way I counldn't find anything. The honda dealer who replaced the belt said that there wasn't a proper space between pullies and side of engine. The spacers where two spacer support whole pully structure should be replaced. But I don't where I can get the right spacer. Anyone can help me?
Thanks

Old 07-18-2008, 09:24 PM

well i had that problem once and i had the brakes changed and it stopped

Old 07-21-2008, 09:13 PM

try contacting the company that made the supercharger for the spacer . a shreaded belt on a supercharger set up is usually improper pulley alignment. but could also be from a pump that is going bad. since the steering is making noise check that pump first. if steering is good, check the pumps that are next in-line with the super chargers pulley. Oh yea, also check the belt tensioners.