RSX Acura's entry into the sport compact class combines high horsepower and cutting edge suspension to give the driver the feel of a race ready sports car...

Civic Vs. RSX

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 03:47 PM

hah yeah without a dought the rsx would own what the civic stock is like 150 hp at most ? that cars strictly for economy. But the rsx is 185hp if im not mistaken. Say you had the civic si which honda claims is 197hp and a rsx type-r which is 210hp basically either way the civics being spanked. Besides acura's obviously owned by honda, its just a more expensive and better honda. Kinda like what cadilac and saab are too GM except saabs are actaully made in sweden but what cars arn't made from another country really? ? hah just GM owns saab

Old 05-02-2006, 04:54 PM

nissan!!! almost all of nissans parts and assembly is done in the good ole USA. Most of your imports actually are made close to home while the "american made cars" have been shipped overseas because it is cheaper to make them there.

Old 11-19-2006, 02:59 AM

&lt; =&gt; <!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//--></>The guys at my shop wanted to test out what an Acura sales agent said,"The 2006 RSX TYPE-S/R dino'd at 205hp". He also said I would be better off buying an older type-s. So we drove a demo 2006 type s to my buddies shop and low and behold, the car dino'd at 205hp.
My advice is save money and buy any older model type-s and save some money.
Now as for upgrades for your type s. Stick to simple bolt on upgrades...exuast/intake/headers. exaust will give u around 8hp. Intake actually gives u around 12hp; i dino'd my car after i installed an injen cold air intake and it registered 212hp. Headers will give you another 6-7hp. a grand total depending on the condition of your RSX type-s is 26-27hp gained for around 1500-2000 grand. In the end you still have to wind up the engine to get it to go, and the engine noise is crazy loud. It you want to keep the car mainly stock opt for the cold air intake, you will gain 12hp and you wont get all that added engine noise that comes with headers and exuast.
Be warned if u add turbo or superchargers your engine life dropes by half... This is fact!
Enigma
< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()