RSX Acura's entry into the sport compact class combines high horsepower and cutting edge suspension to give the driver the feel of a race ready sports car...

Best Way to get more HP

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 02:47 PM

Try a search on http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/pe...bmodels.php?br andid=957&partid=15&makeid=2 Theres only covers up to 2004 If im not mistaken. I got my cold air intake for 270 bucks. Installed by urs truely. Let me know how it turns out good luck

Old 03-31-2006, 11:29 AM

I have an `03 so that site would be perfect. What else do you suggest i should do for beginning mods to my car?

Old 03-31-2006, 12:18 PM

Intake,headers,ehaust are all good ways to start off.As for suspension I found that lowering your car gives you better handeling but in turn causes more wear on susp parts. Plus theres always turbo or supercharger. Turbo gives youa boost of power at a predetermined RPM. Superchargers give boost at all RPMsnot good if ur looking to keep good gas mileage. Theres also computer chips an awesome way to gainsome horses but be careful on which one you buy not all chips give the amount of gain as they claim.With more power it can be easier to lose control so tire upgrades are a must if you want to take thoseturns fast. Pro Z rated tires provide good traction. Do youhave any pics of ur RSX id love to see if you do.Edited by: cbads06typeS

Old 04-13-2006, 07:37 PM

Actually if you buy a decent brand your suspension will better your handling and not be "wearing out your suspension". If you are looking to turn your car into "something special" your best bet is suspension. Yes on a drag it doesn't really matter but anywhere else it will definately help. Then you want to work on a little horsepower. If you don't wanna go all out then stay with I/H/E but if you wanna go turbo (definately not supercharger on your car) then skip I/H and buy a turbo kit then exhaust. Also small things that can help you out is racing pulleys, grounding kits, ignition, upgrade timing, fuel systems ect.

Old 04-15-2006, 12:29 AM

Turbo[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]would kick butt. Anyone know whats the starting price for one of the best kits?

Old 04-16-2006, 02:25 PM

Stage 3 turbo kits usually run arond 4500-5000. You don't need intake and headers if you are going to get a turbo kit so don't waste your money. Remember to get an exhaust that doesn't give a lot of back pressure. Make sure you find a good one that will give your fuel rails a return line and also some type of Safc or fuel management system.

Old 04-16-2006, 11:33 PM

5 grand is breaking the piggy bank too early. I already have a money pit with my 92SHO mtx heres a linky http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...210/Picture001 .jpg

I love this car a Ford Tauras with an engine manufactured by Yamaha. Would you believe it if I told you that that engine has 215 thousand miles on it and still smokes the tires in second gear. Oops sorry for going off topic. So what do you guys think about my SHO yay or nay? Heres a better view of the outside http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...210/Picture015 .jpg

Old 04-18-2006, 11:06 AM

not bad what mods are done under the hood.?

Old 04-18-2006, 09:31 PM

Just a drop in K&n air filter engine wise. As for the rest of the car I had the bottom the car reinforced with steel rods to prevent warping. Other than that its maintnence maintnence and more maintnence.

Old 04-21-2006, 02:11 PM

I hear that I have an 04 spec V and damn there is a lot of maint involved.

Quick Reply: Best Way to get more HP