RSX Acura's entry into the sport compact class combines high horsepower and cutting edge suspension to give the driver the feel of a race ready sports car...

Best Way to get more HP

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 11:57 AM

I really want to upgrade my rsx that i just got but do not know where to begin. I need some help please!!!!

Old 03-09-2006, 12:55 AM

If you just got the vehicle you might want to wait awhile to make sure that nothing that your warranty will cover will go wrong and if you started modding they might not cover it depending on the problem.

After you think about that most people start out with Intake/Headers/Exhaust.

No need if you plan on going with a turbo though. The only thing useful to you then is Exhaust. But you could upgrade your cams and a grounding kit stuff like that. But it all depends on what you wanna do. What do you want out of your car???

These links that come up on the things that I type though (the one about the turbonator) Don't even waste your time.Edited by: your_xtc

Old 03-09-2006, 02:31 AM

to increase your speed i always go for the weight first, try and reduce the weight of the car, which can mean buying new stuff[img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley11.gif[/img]

Old 03-09-2006, 11:48 AM

Both great suggestions!!! [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img] I have been thinking about gettin a catback exhaust and upgrading the cams. What are the best cams for the RSX??? I used to be a Mustang junkie and then I researched the RSX one day and loved it. I`m still new to the RSX and any advice would be AWESOME!!!! [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Old 03-09-2006, 12:08 PM

if you are going to reduce a lot of weight I would go for suspension as my very first thing. Pirelli was it that said "speed is nothing without control"

Old 03-12-2006, 12:30 PM

I am going to start with an exhaust as my first up grade. In my opinion the Rsx is already a light car suspension plays a large role in the high speeds. A good exhaust should give you about 30 extra horses if im not mistaken at least thats what I gained on my 92 SHO mtx. Dynomax seems to be a the most commenly used brand.

Old 03-17-2006, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by cbads06typeS

I am going to start with an exhaust as my first up grade. In my opinion the Rsx is already a light car suspension plays a large role in the high speeds. A good exhaust should give you about 30 extra horses if im not mistaken at least thats what I gained on my 92 SHO mtx. Dynomax seems to be a the most commenly used brand.

Old 03-17-2006, 07:20 PM

Edited by: your_xtc

Old 03-17-2006, 07:22 PM

There is no way you achieved 30 whp with exhaust alone. If you did I will kiss my own ***. Bolt ons are a good start though but make sure you use a header with Intake and exhaust and get a cold air intake not a short ram. If your gonna spend the money make sure it is on something that works.

sorry about all those other posts problem with my computerEdited by: your_xtc

Old 03-29-2006, 12:05 PM

yeah i am looking at at K&N cold air intake. I want catback exhaust. I gotta look into it more and found the best exhaust. money is not a problem...

Quick Reply: Best Way to get more HP