RL Acura's 300HP All Wheel Drive luxury sedan...

Need Help Identifying RL

Old 06-13-2007, 12:01 AM

I would like some help identifying a car. I'll give a bit of background before I get into it- this is a bit odd, but stick with me for a minute. My friend was mugged the other night by a couple of guys in an RL (what's happening in the world today, muggers too lazy to walk?). It had been purchased recently, as there was no license plate, only a temp tag. The police say that ifshe can narrow down the year and model, they can check for recent purchases.

Neither of usare familiar with Acuras, so if I give a description of a car that doesn't exist, bear with me (she was being mugged at the time, can't blame her for a poor memory). She is fairlycertain it was an RL,and thinks that the license plate frame was on the bumper, not the trunk lid. Perhaps it said Acura across the middle of the trunk, instead of the left corner of the trunk lid?From searching the internet this evening, it seems that these featureswould narrow it down to a few years. Is this true, and are there any other distinguishing features that would help get us closer to a specific year?

If there is anything else I'll see if she can remember. Any help is appreciated; it would be nice to catch these people.

Old 09-05-2007, 04:41 PM

I suggest you Google Acura RL substituting different year models and then compare the images.

The description of the rear end you've given definitely does not match any of the RL models from '99 to '04 since the license plate was mounted in a recessed area of the trunk lid on those models. I'm pretty certain the earlier models were mounted in the same area as well, although, I do believe that some Legend models had the license mounted on/in the middle of the bumper.

Old 09-08-2007, 11:43 AM

Kurt,

Strangely enough, I've seen a several Acuras the past few days (maybe I'm noticing them now). Anyway, the only ones I've seen with the license on the bumper are all TL's.

Hope this helps.

Rick