RDX This powerful crossover combines handling and power with plenty of cargo room..

2021 rdx base model *new *fuel gauge system problem *only 14.5k miles

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2022, 11:26 AM
Default 2021 rdx base model *new *fuel gauge system problem *only 14.5k miles

hello, I am not sure what is the problem on my wife NEW RDX only 14.5 k miles ! brand new from Acura and is ONLY 1 year of ownership.

for the NO reason the RDX has a warning light on the DASHBOARD showing "FUEL GAUGE SYSTEM PROBLEM. LEVEL NOT ACCURATE. SEE YOUR DEALER" and check engine light "EMISSIONS SYSTEM PROBLEM. POWER MAY BE REDUCED. SEE YOUR DEALER", the gaz tank indicator is blinking !!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not sure what the heck happened ???? i asked my wife is the car low on gaz but she told me the car is about a full TANK of gas ! she drove home that day with more than half a tank and NO warning lights!!!
I am clueless of what happened ???

the RDX will go back to acura dealer because is still under warranty and we have the extended warranty as well, ONLY 14.5 K miles ????? we only fill up PREMIUM fuel 91 ! NOT regular

Old 08-01-2022, 05:47 PM
Default Found out what caused .....

so today I took my wife RDX to Acura dealership and found out it was rodent "mice/rats" chewed the fuel electrical wire harness.

Dealer also pointed out that rodents pooped was found in the engine Bay but inspected no other issues beside the fuel electrical wire harness.

Lucky!!!!!!! Acura dealer decided to take 90% of the cost but customer pay 10%.
Acura also advised me this is not cover under warranty but I can file a claim with Progressive Insurance.

so that been said I decided to pay the 10% and NOT take the full payment with Insurance.in which I would only need to pay a $500.00 deductible
the Fuel electrical wire harness is backed order so as soon they have received *ordered placed, it will get fix but for now Acura provided me w/a loaner RDX

when I got home I checked my 2005 Acura RSX type-s and found rodents pooped in the engine bay !!!!!!!!!! WTH ???????? but I inspected found no issues (finger crossed)

FYI, I don't leave in a farm but City/Town