Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic... just about anything goes...

interior kill

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 09:10 PM

My thoughts on the article:

First of all,,,,,,Have you ever seen on car sites how they put those "kill" sections? You know,,,the ones that let you boast about who you beat? Well,,,,that's kind of a big thing with people. Whenever they start an "interior kill" section, then maybe you can put more stock into how great an interior is.

You see, in my mind, the biggest thing wrong with articles like this is that they are not done with "weighted" averages. Okay,,,,they take a list and then they check off the list how great a car does in each category. On the surface it seems like the fair way to do it.

Here's the problem though,,,,they vote that the interior sound and visual quality along with the rougher than normal idle get low points when compared to the RSX. And I'd venture to say that that is probably true. Fine. I have no beefs about that.

Now,,,,the article also states that the SRT did wonderfully in the performance tests. I'm pretty sure that most RSX drivers would admit to that, too. And becuase of that, the SRT gets points for being the best in those categories.

Now,,,,here is where the "weighted" part comes in. When you buy a car for cheap speed, you put a LOT more value on the performance characteristics than you do the interior quality. In other words, when you factor in the points for each car, based on objective testing, then the RSX might truly have scored better, but when you look at how YOU, subjectively, value them, it just doesn't fit.

I didn't really have a beef with Car and Driver about how they picked a winner, because they did it like they do most others. I think, where they screwed up, was mostly in how they named the article. When you entitle it cheap speed, the implication is that the fastest car for the money will win. If they had called the article "Bang for the buck," then I think it would have caused them a lot less grief.

The RSX is a fine car, and if I hadn't of bought my car, I probably would have considered it. However, I put more of a value on the performance aspects of my car, which is what caused me to choose it. The people who chose the RSX valued the all aroundness of the RSX, and I have no problem with that.

One more thing, if internet car sites ever start putting up an "interior kill" section, then I may be the first to get me one of them RSX's.

I can see the site now:

(story in the interior kill section)

Bob: Man,,,,,I KILLED some dick last night in my RSX. I had just dropped my girl off and I was on my way back home and I pulled into a minit mart to get some beer for the ballgame. Well,,,,this dick pulls up next to me, as I'm getting out, and starts flashing his dome light. I'm thinking that this guy is wanting me to flash mine. It looked like he had an SRT, and I think his interior was stock. It might have been modded, but I really couldn't tell. Anyhow, I wasn't about to back down. I reached down and flashed my dome light three times, flipped on my parking lights, so that my dash lights come on. OMG,,,,you should have seen the look on his face! When he saw the leather trim on the seats and the chrome bezels around my guages, he knew that I had him. I guess he felt beat, becuase he backed down and flipped off all of his interior lights. Honestly though, he was pretty cool about it. He even got out and was telling me things he liked about my interior. He also told me some upgrades that he was going to do with his. Once he got some money, he was going for a GPS and heated seats. I told him that I would be glad to give him another shot once he got his modifications done. For an SRT owner, he was one of the better ones.

&lt; =&gt; <!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//--></>Bob: Man,,,,,I KILLED some dick last night in my RSX. I had just dropped my girl off and I was on my way back home and I pulled into a minit mart to get some beer for the ballgame. Well,,,,this dick pulls up next to me, as I'm getting out, and starts flashing his dome light. I'm thinking that this guy is wanting me to flash mine. It looked like he had an SRT, and I think his interior was stock. It might have been modded, but I really couldn't tell. Anyhow, I wasn't about to back down. I reached down and flashed my dome light three times, flipped on my parking lights, so that my dash lights come on. OMG,,,,you should have seen the look on his face! When he saw the leather trim on the seats and the chrome bezels around my guages, he knew that I had him. I guess he felt beat, becuase he backed down and flipped off all of his interior lights. Honestly though, he was pretty cool about it. He even got out and was telling me things he liked about my interior. He also told me some upgrades that he was going to do with his. Once he got some money, he was going for a GPS and heated seats. I told him that I would be glad to give him another shot once he got his modifications done. For an SRT owner, he was one of the better ones.

lolEdited by: thecoolman4451

Old 10-12-2005, 12:22 PM
Administrator

so you have an SRT4? or an RSX?

Old 10-14-2005, 04:48 PM

Well hmmm lets see.... he's poking fun at the RSX -heads for having all this "bling" interior yet are your car is how would you say... performance impotent comparatively speaking.

Old 10-17-2005, 07:34 PM
Administrator

im not sure what you were even getting at...