New Member Area New to Acura Forum? Stop in tell us about you...

New Newbie

Old 10-25-2007, 02:06 PM

Just joining this forum--hoping it's as interesting and populated by good folks as 1 or 2 others I frequent.
Just a month ago I got an 08 TL--so far a great car. (Hope to figure out how everything works soon)

First question---I dread seeing nice cars with owners who let their front wheels become repositories for brake dust

Should the front pads on this car be changed? And to what; or will a good wax over the clearcoat and good wheel care prevent the dull look.

Thanks

Old 10-31-2007, 08:03 PM

08 TL, sweet car. ABS dust drives me crazy too. The wheels get dirty faster than the car does! Since your car is new, take it back and ask the dealership if the darkening is normal or is your car burning through pads due to a malfunction. As far as a wax to repel the dust I bought this stuff at the auto show called perma-seal. It's a powder that you work into a paste. Honestly, it's a pain to work with, especially when it's hot outside. But I've only had to apply it every 4 months and my rims get dirty at the same pace as my car now. It's kinda spendy online and takes alot of work to apply and buff but your rims will feel SMOOTHwhen your done. The problems your having with all the widgets and thing-a-ma-bobs in your center console, post em! I'm sure other members have the same problems. Everyone can learn together. Welcome to Acura Forums [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Old 10-31-2007, 08:45 PM

thanks AKin

It hasn't been too bad for the fiorst 6-700 miles; I've given it one wash and it was fine; just trying to head it off

Will check out perma seal

If you haven't visited Autopia foruim pls do--it's for detailing nutcases of which I'm sort of