New Member Area New to Acura Forum? Stop in tell us about you...

My acura stinks!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 07:30 PM

Okay... well it doesn't stink at least not all the time. Only when I get over 80MPH and I've driven for a while. Then I smell this sorta burning brakes or ozone like odor. The car is not hot, there's no noises or rough running and when I back off the odor subsides.

Any ideas?

Old 04-27-2006, 01:07 PM
Administrator

have you had any problems with the brakes? perhaps youve had som work done to it right before this started?

Old 04-27-2006, 01:24 PM

I replaced the brakes a while back. But that was a good 5,000 miles ago. The part that tweeks me is why does the smell subside when I drop below 80MPH? Hmmm. Maybe my car gets scared.

Old 06-17-2006, 04:15 AM

Maybe it is a Belt?

Have you checked all your belts

Old 07-14-2006, 10:01 PM

dude you have a stock motor you are more than likly burning oil lay out of the pedal before u must replace the engine dont listen to these other guys i promise i am a motor head from hell u have more than 150000 miles or damn close to it if u are a tegra fan build a motor drop it in and drive gl hope it helped brakes will smell more in stop and go traffic not high speeds and ur belts dont stink like that expecially at 80mph it could be ur brakes if u are on small roads trying to go fast but if it is at a constent speed its motorEdited by: sean